Should I Get Tested?
Use this checklist to see if you should get tested for HIV, Hepatitis C or STIs. If you answer yes to one or more of the following questions, we recommend getting tested – use the words in bold to know which test is best for you.
- Have you had vaginal or anal sex without a condom with someone who has HIV or an STI, or whose HIV/STI status you do not know?
- Have you injected drugs or shared needles, syringes, or other drug equipment (works) with others? (HIV/Hep C)
- Do you exchange sex for money or drugs? (HIV/Hep C/STI)
- Have you been diagnosed with or sought treatment for another sexually transmitted infection (STI)? (HIV/STI)
- Have you been diagnosed with or sought treatment for hepatitis or tuberculosis (TB)? (HIV)
- Have you had sex with anyone who has any of the above HIV or STI risk factors or whose sexual history you do not know?