Non-Medical Case Manager
Non-Medical Case Manager
(Posted March, 2022)
Job Title: Non-Medical Case Manager
Department: Non-Medical Case Management
Reports to: Director of Client Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scope of Work:
The Non-Medical Case Manager (NMCM) will work with staff and management of the Positive Resource Connection (PRC) in providing high-quality, coordinated, strength-based services consistent with the PRC’s mission and strategic focus. The position will be part of the Non-Medical Case Management Department. The incumbent will provide HIV services, in accordance with the Indiana State Department of Health’s (IDOH) Non-Medical Case Management guidelines, to HIV positive clients in 11 counties in Northeast Indiana.
Non-Medical Case Manager – work with HIV positive individuals to ensure they are adhering to medical care and treatment for viral load suppression; conduct home visits, bi-annual recertifications for services, and individualized plans of care; provide monthly phone contact and reminders of medical appointments/medication protocols; enroll and/or refer clients to internal and external community resources for continuum of care; refer clients to other community resources to meet other needs; and work closely with infectious disease providers through Parkview and Lutheran Hospitals for client care.
The incumbent will be required to travel throughout 11 counties in northeast Indiana (Region 3); have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and dependable transportation; and successfully complete trainings through the Indiana State Department of Health and other state and local trainings deemed necessary by the Positive Resource Connection or Indiana State Department of Health.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human/social services field (social work, human services, psychology) or related field
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of the internet
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with accountability
- Ability to travel throughout the service area on a frequent basis
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Knowledge of generalist social work practice
- Previous experience working with the LGBTQ+ community; ethnic, racial, and economically diverse populations; and persons who are experiencing homelessness, mental illness, and/or substance use/addiction
- Proficiency in speaking Spanish and/or Burmese
- Provide direct non-medical case management services to clients, working closely with area infectious disease providers and/or primary care physicians to ensure clients can access medical treatment and care.
- Complete intake paperwork with clients who are new to services, are newly diagnosed with HIV, or are returning to case management services as assigned by the Director of Client Services.
- Conduct bi-annual recertifications with each client to maintain continued eligibility for services.
- Provide monthly contact to ensure clients are adhering to treatment and that client needs are being met.
- Enroll clients in local, state, and federal assistance programs including health insurance and financial assistance programs.
- Refer clients to PRC’s internal programs and/or other community resources to meet the needs of clients, including financial assistance, housing, transportation, counseling services, food programs, legal services, utility assistance, and other community organizations, when needed.
- Provide culturally competent, compassionate, and stigma-free case management services to all clients.
- Utilize interpretation services with clients, when needed.
- Enter all client data/information into the data management system as required by IDOH. Ensure all client information is entered in timely manner. Attend all IDOH required trainings and other trainings necessary for NMCM services.
- Adhere to all of PRC’s and IDOH’s policies and procedures for agency operations and HIV Services.
- Attend weekly NMCM meetings and other meetings deemed necessary by the Director of Client Services and/or Executive Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Client Services and/or Executive Director.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, including dental
- Accrued paid time off, including sick, personal, and vacation time, starting at 2 weeks in year one
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Off Fridays at 1:00pm with every other Friday off
- Salary: $36,400.00
Any interested candidate can apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Rachel Hansen, Director of Client Services, at [email protected]