Hepatitis C Care Coordinator
Job Title: Hepatitis C Care Coordinator
The Northeast Indiana Positive Resource Connection, an HIV/AIDS/Hepatitis Non-For-Profit service organization, is seeking a full-time Hepatitis C Care Coordinator to join our dynamic team.
Our Hepatitis C services program provides high-quality, coordinated, client centered, and strength-based services consistent with our mission of preventing new cases of HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis and facilitating a compassionate and stigma-free community response in a 12- county region in northeast Indiana.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: linking Hepatitis C positive individuals to care and treatment; enrolling individuals in insurance if uninsured or referring them to a local insurance navigator; identifying medical providers for care and treatment; building relationships with local providers, hospitals, and other community partners including local health departments for referrals for viral hepatitis care coordination services; referring Hepatitis C positive individuals to internal and external community resources for continuum of care; scheduling medical appointments, when needed, and sending out appointment reminders; retaining Hepatitis C positive individuals in medical care and treatment until such time they are virally cured; assisting patients with sustainability planning, discharging clients from services upon achievement of sustained virologic suppression, and establishing extended care plan for ongoing liver monitoring; and conducting Hepatitis C and HIV testing and outreach targeting individuals impacted by Hepatitis C infection.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) in medical/social services or related field and/or 3 years experience in case management services, social services, or medical field.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations in a nonjudgmental capacity
- Positive outlook and professional demeanor
- Drivers License and ability to travel within our 12-county service area
- Preference for English/Spanish speaking applicants but not required
- Ability to work independently and as a team
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] or mailed directly to PRC, 525 Oxford Street, Fort Wayne, IN 46806 Attn: Kandace Kelly